Clinical Positions Available
Click below to expand.
Licensed Radiography Technologist
Licensed X-ray tech for a busy Orthopaedic clinic. Seeking fast learner to join our fast paced environment. Immediate opening!
Please submit resume via website or contact Martha Callahan @ 910.484.3114 ext 9126
Medical Billing Specialist
We are a busy Orthopaedic office seeking a Full-Time Medical Billing Specialist
Ensure all insurance and patient payments are posted quickly and accurately. Refile denials and secondary insurance. Review outstanding insurance billings and provide timely follow-up on unpaid claims. Work denials in real time and address patient account phone inquiries.
Two years medical billing experience. Ability to perform redundant tasks with minimal error rate. Ability to use good judgment, communication, and customer service skills with patients and staff. Must be able to multi-task. Attention to detail is essential. Individual needs to be prompt, dependable and reliable.
- Posts all insurance payments by line item making proper adjustments.
- Posts all mailed-in patient payments.
- Ensures payment posting batch balances within practice management system and deposit.
- Maintains working knowledge of charge entry and insurance follow-up protocols.
- Work outstanding insurance billings and follow-up on unpaid claims.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines
- established by practice.
Health, dental, life and disability insurance. Paid Time Off (PTO) and retirement plan.
Summary: Checking temperatures and symptoms of each person wishing to gain access to our clinic. More information will be provided upon interview.
Fulltime, temporary position.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Summary: Prepare patients to see the physicians, facilitate electronic medical record and paperwork as needed, and assist with other clinical duties as directed.
Position Description: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides excellent customer service to both patients and staff members
- Greets patients, introduces him or herself and escorts the patient from the waiting room to the exam room; prepares patients for exam or treatment per protocol
- Demonstrates personal initiative to function in a fast paced clinical environment by exercising a sense of urgency, quickly “rooming” patients keeping all rooms filled for the physician. Uses “critical thinking” skills to identify and accomplish duties beyond the basic requirements, always looking and thinking ahead to keep things moving.
- Wears the appropriate duty uniform at all times
- Familiar with Electronic Health Record (EHR) software to generate patient information and update patient medical history
- Retrieves EHR patient data for the physician when the patient is ready in the exam room
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments
- Takes and records vital signs, height and weight, temperature, brief history and other pertinent patient medical information
- Familiar with all clinic codes, specifically, Code Blue, Gray, and Red. Responds to “Code Blue” situations throughout the clinic, providing immediate life-saving interventions
- Required to train to learn (at no cost) how to cast, splint, and the fitting of durable medical equipment (DME) as part of the treatment plan
- Assist physicians with examinations and minor procedures
- Communicate physician referral requests to referral staff for processing
- Escort patient’s to exam room following x-ray’s
- Prepares the schedule of patient appointments, along with all pertinent documentation for the following day
- Performs patient care duties as scheduled on an Alternate Work Schedule (10:00 am-7: 00 pm) in support of the “Late Clinic.”
- Performs patient care duties as scheduled on Saturdays (0830-1030am), during the Fall sports season, on a volunteer basis
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment, including sterilization
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Disposes of contaminated items according to OSHA guidelines
- Performs patient education when appropriate
- Replenishes supplies—stocks and cleans exam rooms
- Takes medical stock inventory and communicates and reports supply shortages to the appropriate supply point of contact
- Attends all meetings per leadership directive
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the immediate supervisor, Medical Assistant-Leads, and or Clinical Manager
Email us for more information about this position.