Treating Achilles Tendonitis in Fayetteville & Elizabethtown, NC
At Fayetteville Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, we treat a range of common orthopedic and sports injuries. We frequently see patients in Fayetteville and Elizabethtown, NC with achilles tendonitis, an overuse injury involving inflammation of the achilles tendon, located near the back of your heel bone.
Achilles tendonitis may be caused by hill running, overuse, not stretching or warming up before activity, trauma, improper footwear and more. Many times it begins with mild pain after exercise that gradually becomes worse.
Achilles Tendonitis Symptoms
Symptoms of Achilles tendonitis can vary, but typically include:
- Recurring localized pain along the tendon during or a few hours after running
- Morning tenderness above the point where the Achilles tendon attaches to the heel bone
- Leg sluggishness
- Stiffness that goes away as the tendon warms up with use
Schedule an Appointment for Achilles Tendonitis Diagnosis & Treatment in Fayetteville
For expert treatment of Achilles tendonitis, choose Fayetteville Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Fayetteville and Elizabethtown. With us, you can count on always being cared for by knowledgeable, skilled orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists working together as a team. With state-of-the-art orthopedic technologies and years of experience, we offer treatment personalized to an individual patient need.
Treatment for Achilles tendonitis in Fayetteville and Elizabethtown typically includes:
- Use of a bandage designed to restrict motion of the tendon
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine
- Corrective shoe inserts (both nonprescription and prescribed)
- Stretching and strengthening exercises and physical therapy
In some severe cases, surgery may be necessary for treatment.
Begin treatment for your Achilles tendon pain today — contact Fayetteville Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine and schedule an appointment.
Fayetteville Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine is proud to provide diagnosis and treatment of Achilles tendonitis in patients from Fayetteville, South View, Hope Mills, Gray’s Creek, Elizabethtown and the entire Cape Fear region.